Eleven library systems in thirteen communities across the Metro Vancouver area support NewToBC by raising awareness about project services by hosting cycles of the Library Champions project, and by participating as members of the NewToBC Steering Committee. Members of the Steering Committee bring their libraries’ perspectives as well as a wealth of experience, insight, creativity and passion to the planning of NewToBC activities and services. Over the years, the Steering Committee has guided the transformation of NewToBC from an idea into a pilot project and, now, into an expansive and successful library settlement initiative.
The NewToBC Steering Committee is made up of chief librarians, directors, coordinators and other administrators from each of the eleven public library systems. It is currently undergoing a period of renewal. A number of long term members of the committee are moving on due to retirement, to a change in their role or position, or to change in their employment. NewToBC is enormously grateful for the contributions of all of the members of the Steering Committee. We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation of the outgoing members. Without your input, support and insight, this project would not have attained its current success.
The following outgoing members have served as committed, engaged and generous advocates for, supporters of, and contributors to NewToBC:
- Edel Toner-Rogala (Chief Librarian, Burnaby Public Library);
- Silvana Harwood (Deputy Director, Coquitlam Public Library);
- Gillian McLeod (Library Manager of Delta Libraries, Fraser Valley Regional Library);
- Jane Watkins (Chief Librarian, North Vancouver City Library);
- Barbara Kelly (Manager of Community Engagement, North Vancouver District Public Library);
- Surinder Bhogal (Chief Librarian, Surrey Libraries); and
- Shelagh Flaherty (Director of Library Experience, Vancouver Public Library).
As NewToBC continues to grow and to evolve, we will continue to call upon the members of the Steering Committee to provide input into and to serve as champions of the project. NewToBC would like to welcome the following new members to the Steering Committee.
- Roberta Summersgill (Manager of Tommy Douglas Branch, Burnaby Public Library);
- Anthea Goffe (Manager of Community Services, Coquitlam Public Library);
- Heather Scoular (Director of Customer Service, Fraser Valley Regional Library)
- Cara Pryor (Head of Community, Program and Service Development, North Vancouver City Librayr);
- Alison Campbell (Manager of Community Connections, North Vancouver District Public Library);
- Lynne Russell (Director of Library Services, Port Moody Public Library); and
- Dawn Ibey (Acting Director of Library Experience, Vancouver Public Library).
We are excited to build on the foundation of the outgoing Steering Committee members adding new, fresh perspectives of the incoming members.